Twelve-year-old tubing victim remains in guarded condition | News
From our news partners at the Messenger Post Newspapers
Shaughnessy Riorden, 12, of 11 Edendery Circle in Fairport, was still in guarded condition as of Tuesday morning after a tubing accident on Friday afternoon on Canandaigua Lake. Rachel Ryan, 21, of Evans, Ga.,who was also injured in the accident, remains in satisfactory condition.
The two were injured Friday afternoon when they were riding in an inner tube that slammed into a dock near South Lake Road at about 4:50 p.m. in Yates County. Both suffered broken bones and other injuries, and were taken to Strong by Mercy Flight.
Mark Riley, 51, of 11 Persimmon Drive, Fairport, who was driving the boat, was charged by Yates County deputies with reckless operation of a vehicle and failure to carry a registration certifercate.
Top Fairport-East Rochester-Perinton Stories
Upcoming Events near Fairport-East Rochester-Perinton
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Deliberations continue in trial of Webster teen charged with arson, murder
- Fewer faces in the crowd: The unpredictable issue of declining enrollment
- Vision Auto Group adds Buick GMC
- Local author Kathy Johncox has appetite for storytelling
- Testimony continues Tuesday for Webster teen accused of setting deadly house fire