Family waits for word on relative in Colorado | News
A family in Penfield waits to hear if their relative, Alex Sullivan, was a victim of the theater shooting in Colorado. The Denver Post reports that Sullivan, 27, is believed to be in attendance at the Aurora theater for a screening of "The Dark Knight Rises" last night when a shooter opened up fire in the crowded auditorium. There are at least 12 deaths as a result of the shootings, and almost 60 injured.
The last contact Alex had with his family was a tweet about the film just prior to the premiere. Since then the family has called his phone and checked area hospitals hoping to get word about their son. But so far they are empty handed.
The family says that Alex worked at the theater but was at the film that night as a customer for his 27th birthday. So far there is no word if he was a victim or not.
Top Fairport-East Rochester-Perinton Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fewer faces in the crowd: The unpredictable issue of declining enrollment
- Jury could start deliberations in trial of Webster teen charged with arson, murder
- Vision Auto Group adds Buick GMC
- Local author Kathy Johncox has appetite for storytelling
- Testimony continues Tuesday for Webster teen accused of setting deadly house fire