No Parking zone on Ayrault Road approved by Perinton Town Board | News
A no parking zone is close to being established on Ayrault Road near Fairport High School as concern over large crowds for school and sporting events has increased, following the installation of field lights at the athletic stadium.
The town of Perinton first submitted plans for the no parking zone to the Monroe County DOT in February, since the road is owned by the county. The town board approved the amended plan on Wednesday, July 27, and will take affect in August.
Parking will be prohibited 24 hours a day, and this will be enforced Monroe County Sheriff’s deputies. Perinton Town Supervisor Jim Smith said making it permanent rather than restricted to school event times would ensure the overall safety of drivers and walkers.
“Ayrault is a busy road, particularly in that area, so we though that making it ‘No parking any time’ would just be a safer situation,” said Smith.
The road will be closed on the south side from Hogan Road to Mason Road and on the north side, from Turk Hill Road to Gentian Way.
Top Fairport-East Rochester-Perinton Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Seneca Park Zoo welcomes new alligators
- Lawsuit could hold up Irondequoit library project; require new vote
- East Irondequoit to host Bus Safety Roadeo
- School District Budget Voting information for East and West Irondequoit School Districts
- 61st Emergency Service Providers Memorial Service is held in Irondequoit