Shelters celebrate "Adopt a Cat Month" | Pets
June was the perfect time to find a new furry friend because of “Adopt a Cat Month” at shelters across the country.
Workers at Lollypop Farm tell News10NBC that since June is a very busy month for cats, they reduced adoption fees to encourage more people to adopt.
On Saturday, the shelter celebrated the end of Adopt a Cat month by waiving the adoption fee completely.
Cats were free to adopt at all five adoption centers across the area and that included immunizations.
Adrienne McHargue, communications director for Lollypop Farm said, “We like to increase the awareness in the community of the cats that are available for adoption. At the same time that we've had so many cats adopted this month, we've had many more still brought into the shelter that don't have homes and we still like to let people know that they can come in and give a cat a good home."
McHargue says they will still have many more cats available and hopes people will decide to adopt even though the event is ending.
Top Fairport-East Rochester-Perinton Stories
Upcoming Events near Fairport-East Rochester-Perinton
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Wegmans teams up with Cornell University for new program
- Update: Three maintenance workers attacked at St. John Fisher College, suspect in police custody
- Award-winning journalist set to speak at Cloverwood Senior Living
- Four schools named to U.S. News and World Report list of best STEM schools
- Report: Monroe County most fiscally stressed in NYS